We need your help in our quest to save you from outrageous unemployment rates. Many of you are experiencing a thousand fold increase in you UI rates
and you shouldn’t be.
The Legislative Finance Committee is asking for information to document the rate increases due to charges during the prohibited period and/or fraud case documentation as well as proof if the fraud caused rates to increase.
To satisfy their requests, if your UI rates increased this year, we need the documents listed below. Please make sure all documents are redacted of all personal/company information including names, SSN, and account numbers – or I’ll do that for you.
1) Rate notification of prior years including at least the rate being paid in 2020;
2) Rate notification for the current year. Those notifications came out in November/December 2020 for 2021;
3) Documentation that shows the layoffs charged against accounts including dates of layoffs.
Employers have until May 31, 2021 to protest rate increases, but we are still trying to get DWS to fix the system and your help would be greatly appreciated.
The investigation is open now and time is of the essence. LFC is in the process of preparing a report for interim legislative committees and DWS was already on the agenda.
If you are unfamiliar with the site and this request this is a detailed instruction on how to get the information to us:
A) Rate notification of prior years including at least the rate being paid in 2020; Rate notification for the current year. Those notifications came out in November/December 2020 for 2021.
1) After logging into your account select “Tax Correspondence” under the Correspondence menu on the left side of the screen
2) Select “Tax Rate Calculations” from the Correspondence Type drop-down menu and click the search button.
3) Select the year you want to get documentation for – 2019 & 2020 will both be needed.
4) Print and redact private information before submitting to NMRA.
B) Documentation that shows the layoffs charged against accounts including dates of layoffs.
1) Click “Calendar Year Summary and Details” under the Benefit Charge Activities section of the menu of the left side of the screen.
2) In the Benefit Charges column it will indicate the charges for each year demonstrating your change. Please screen shot this section and redact your private information to submit along with the document from the previous steps