Donation and Volunteer Opportunity! Roadrunner Food Bank is asking for your help! They have sent us the following message to share with our members and community:
The annual Stamp Out Hunger food drive held by the United States Postal Services and the National Association of Letter Carriers happens on Sat., May 11. The national food drive occurs in 10,000 communities across the country where letter carriers pick up food for a hunger relief organization. In Albuquerque, food raised benefits Roadrunner Food Bank.
We are seeking volunteers to help out. We’re running a bit short of registered volunteers to assist us at 11 metro area post offices. If you can help or know of others who can help, please feel free to forward this information.
- Help unload post office vehicles at each post office
- Sort food into a few categories while at the post office
- Should be in relative good health as the task can be a bit physical
- Register at www.rrfb.org/cervis or call Mehdeen at (505) 314-0593. The registration link includes open shifts.
- Please considering sharing a reminder on your social media channels to donate food closer to the May 11 food drive. Attached are a few graphics and sample social media posts, or share right from the food bank’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
The attached word file includes shifts and locations that still need to be filled on Sat., May 11. Thank you again. We appreciate your help and support.
Our hearts and thoughts go out to our post office and letter carrier friends this week. They are coping with the death of a letter carrier who was shot and killed earlier this week in Albuquerque.